Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I joined a Knit Along


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This is for a mystery stole, where you get a clue revealed every friday for 6 weeks.You can eighter knit both halves at the same time or do one half and then do the other. I have never done this before so it ought to be interesting, The first clue will come friday. I have my yarn and needles on their way so am anxious to try this. I have never worked with lace yarn, so this will be a new experience for me. I picked shadow, grape jelly from knitpicks, purple for the project spectrum for the month of July, for the pattern, that I dont know yet, and will be working it on #3 circulars.
Well after a few false starts,a few trips to the frog pond and changing needles to a smaller size so I would'nt lose the pattern when my stole was blocked here is the progress
1. swatch

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




2. cast on

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




3. the first 10 or 12 rows

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




4. the first 50 rows

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




5. the progress so far

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I love working the pattern it is worked in one piece starting in the middle and working both sides.I am going to try to pick up the other side tonight before I get to far on it and to see if I can do it. This as well is new to me so hope I can do it without going to the frog fond again, I have learned alot by working this pattern Melanie is excellent at giving directions and the pattern is a very easy read.

No comments: